Telecom/Datacom Signal Line Surge Protection Products
MEGA-TEK 25 Series
The "MEGA-TEK 25 Series" surge suppressor installs directly inline with existing AMP-TYPE 25 pair cabling. This close proximity to the KSU preserves the "MEGA-TEK's" response time, clamping level and ground reference by reducing lead
lengths. The "MEGA-TEK" utilizes the latest in "Plug & Play" technology super-simplifying installation. These features maximize surge suppression performance while reducing hardware and labor costs to install.
NOTE: The "MEGA-TEK" is a UL 497A telephone secondary protector and should be used in conjunction with primary telecommunication protectors (UL 497).
MEG-25-CO Central Office Lines
MEG-25-AE Analog Extension Lines
MEG-25-DE Digital Extension Lines
|Automatic Recovery - Resettable Fusing - PTC's
|25 Pair Protection
|High Energy Silicon Technology
|UL 497A Listed
|< 1 Nanosecond Response Time
Caution: The hybrid design of this product includes series resistance. Do not place this product in service on any signal lines capable of more than 150 milliamperes continuously.
- Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
- Disconnect telephone line at the network interface before installing the secondary protection.
- The MEGA-TEK series is intended for indoor use only. Plug the female AMP-TYPE connecter from the unprotected Telco cable into the male AMP-TYPE connector on the MEGA-TEK series. This is the LINE side.
- Plug the male AMP-TYPE connector from the local equipment cable to be protected into the female AMP-TYPE connector on the MEGA-TEK series. This is the EQUIP side.
- Bond the green #12 AWG stranded ground wire from the MEGA-TEK series to AC Power Ground or Building Approved Ground. For recommended grounding techniques, refer to EDCO Technical Bulletin #1090
If you have reached this page through a browser and do not have the "Comm-Omni Navigation Bar" at the top, please follow
Return to Comm-Omni Home Page
To speak to one of our consultants, please call us at 1-800-543-8790